This is a common Assistive Devices for the children with developmental disability like Cerebral palsy, Down syndrome but always consult with your Occupational Therapist before using any devices.
1. Wedge: Wedge is helpful in improvement in neck control & also gives good posture to the child.
2. Corner chair: Corner chair is helpful for the children having tendency of shoulder retraction, it provides good support to the trunk so child can maintain long leg sitting & can use activity board.
3. CP Chair: CP chair is helpful in poor trunk control, Activity tray can be used for feeding, writing and play activity
4. Standing frame: It gives benefit of physiological standing as well as prevent contractures & helpful in improvement in standing posture.
5. Paediatric Walker: Paediatric Walker helps in walking practice.
6. AFO (Ankle Foot Orthosis): AFO is helpful for instability of ankle joint, Calf muscle tightness which is common in developmental disability.
7. Knee immobilizer/Knee Gaiters: This is helpful in knee instability & Knee flexor tightness.